Monday 21 November 2011

Punos hat - Punos pipo

Whew - what a week it has been! I only wish this week is better. (spent one day in the hospital last week as I managed to loose my balance on the frozen slippery ground and fell, fortunately survived with a scare alone - and the baby is fine as am I - then I caught a cold - and I'm still coughing my lungs out)

Yesterday we had this exceptional phenomena - saw the sun for the first time in maybe 2 weeks! So had to benefit from the rare case of having enough light to take photos. Also the kids were thrilled to play with the ice outside etc.
Here's a hat I made for my youngest daughter some couple of weeks ago. I call it a Punos hat (punos= weave) as the stitch pattern looks more like a weaved fabric than knitted one.
Pattern: Punos hat/ Punos pipo (my own design, can write the pattern down if someone wants to knit it/ voin kirjoittaa mallin ylös jos jotakuta kiinnostaa neuloa tällainen)
Yarn: Colinette Art in Autumn leaves
Needles: 6mm/5mm

Truth to be told - at first had thought to knit this for myself, but it came out so small that it is perfect for my soon to be 4-year old:-)
The fit is surprisingly good. Mariella loves the hat ("soft and warm" has been the verdict so far).

Dodii - olipa taas viikko! Onneksi ollaan uuden viikon alussa - ja toivottavasti tämä on viime viikkoa mukavampi. (onnistuin viime ke liukastumaan ja kaatumaan kunnolla matkalla bussipysäkille sillä seuraksella että loppupäivä meni äitiyspolin päivystyksessä ultrattavana ja sydänkäyrässä... onneksi selvittiin säikähdyksellä. Tosin opin, että 7.kuulla ei enää kiirehditä ehdoin tahdoin mihinkään, sen verran pelästytti tuo kokemus. Ja kun siitä oli selvitty, niin iski lentsu päälle. Yskä on vieläkin luokkaa" keuhkot lentää pihalle" eli ei hyvä sekään.... no josko tästä olisi suunta ylöspäin?)

Eilen koimme täällä Sipoossa ihmeellisen sääilmiön: AURINKO näyttäytyi! Piti sitten hyödyntää epätavallinen valoilmiö ja nyt on kuulkaas taas kuvia neuleista, mitä esitellä täälläkin.Ekana vuorossa Punospipo, jonka neuloin pari viikkoa sitten nuorimmaiselle. (ok, siitä piti alunperin tulla itselleni pipa - mutta koko muodostui sellaiseksi että sopii perfecto tuolle lähes 4-vuotiaalle) On kuulemma pehmeä ja lämmin, ja neiti haluaa sen joka päivä päähänsä laittaa-> eli onnistunut päähine, ilmiselvästikin. En ihan ekana olisi tuota väriä pikkulapselle valinnut, jos olisin suoraan neidille lähtenyt neulomaan, mutta kuulemma väritkin on kivat... Summa summarum: loppu hyvin , kaikki hyvin.

ps. Kahelien aakkoshaasteen A-osuuskin on jo pulkassa. Kuvia siitä seuraavalla kerralla...

4 comments:

Sigrun said...

Very nice hat, would like if you are willing to share. Good you and the baby are fine, it's so scary to fall like that.

Sigrun said...

What is this white beauty you are giving a glimpse of?

A-L said...

Hi Sigrun , great to hear from you! The white wip is Asterope shawl (a wonderful Romi Hill design) and I'll show the finished shawl in my next blog post- whenever I have time to make it...

Sigrun said...

Oh, sorry I forgot to reply (I thought I had but no, my memory is quite 'low' at the moment). I had some difficulty commenting on some blogs for some time, have no idea what it was but now it's okey. So yes, you will be receiving some comments from now on :)