Sunday 13 February 2011

Annis


Yesterday we celebrated my mother's birthday and this is what I gave her.

Eilen juhlittiin äitini synttäreitä ja lahjani näytti tältä.
In addition to the book I gave her Annis shawl that I made in January.
Kirjan lisäksi annoin Annis huivin, jonka neuloin tammikuussa.
Pattern: Annis shawl by Susanna IC
Yarn: Lotus yarns Cashmere fingering in Turquoise (100% Casmere)
Needles: 5mm & 6mm Addi circulars

The yarn could not be any softer and the bright turquoise happens to be one of my moms favourite colours. I had my share of difficulties on the nubby rows of Annis (those p7tog are not enjoyable at all!) But after that it was all smooth sailing and the finished shawl is a real winner. I actually love this design so much that I have already whipped up one for myself as well... (no photos yet)
Lanka oli mahdottoman pehmeää, kuin vain 100% kashmirlanka voi olla. Ja kun kirkas siniturkoosi on vielä yksi äitini lempiväreistä niin tämä oli mieluisa lahja. Tykästyin itsekin malliin niin paljon että neuloin saman mallisen huivin itselleni (tosin ilman niitä kammottavia 7 oikein yhteen - nyppyjä. Siis nypyt näyttävät hyviltä mutta meinas hermo mennä niitä vääntäessä)

2 comments:

Ellimelli said...

Voi, Annis on ollut listallani mallin julkaisusta lähtien, mutta eipä ole vielä edes silmukoita luotu. Tämä turkoosi versio kelpaisi kyllä minullekin!

Sigrun said...

Lovely :-)