Wednesday 12 August 2009

Hidden Kai-Mei

I knitted these socks in Denmark, Sweden, Åland and finished them at home. This is a great pattern. True Cookie A. quality.

Nämä sukat on neulottu reissun aikana Tanskassa, Ruotsissa, Ahvenanmaalla ja valmistuivat vihdoin kotisuomeen palattua. Todella makee ohje. Taattua Cookie A. laatua.
Pattern: Kai-Mei by Cookie A. from Sock Innovation (ravelry link)
Yarn: Cewec California Salida
Needles: 2.25mm Harmony dpns
I like the way the lace panel runs diagonally across the foot. And knitting these was absolutely a Joy. Such a fun and fast design to knit! And I am totally aware that this yarn is NOT the best possible choice for Kai-Mei, but it doesn't look too bad. I like to think this is hidden Kai-Mei. It is there but not many people can see it. But I did have so much fun knitting them that I just don't care. (and yes - I am Definitely going to whip up another pair in solid colour)
(My DH said these look like metro - or urban - camouflage socks. Guess he is right this time;-)
Tykkään todella tavasta, jolla tuo pitsineule-paneeli kulkee vinosti koko jalkaterän yli. Näiden neulominen oli todella kivaa. Ja nopeata. Hieno ohje! En kuitenkaan ole sokea, joten tajuan kyllä ettei tämä ole ehkä paras lankavalinta kyseiseen malliin, mutta ei ne kyllä pahaltakaan näytä. JA kun neulominen oli niin mukavaa, ei haittaa lainkaan vaikkei kukaan muu tajuaisikaan että näissä edes olisi mitään erityistä mallia. Metro-sukathan siinä. (kuten mies totesi - näyttää aivan metrohousukuosilta)
Pitää varmaan neuloa toinen pari yksivärisestä langasta jotta upea malli todella pääsee oikeuksiinsa.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Both pairs of Cookie A. socks that you knit while on vacation look great. Yeah!

A-L said...

Melanie: Thank you. after bying Cookie A's book Sock Innovation I just feel like I want to knit everything from that book. Great designs!

Sigrun said...

Nice socks (like all other things you make). I think I have to get this book and start knitting :-)

A-L said...

Sigrun: yes - go for it! Great designs and I also liked the educational part of that book that gives advise how to design your own socks. Well worth buying.