Sunday 4 January 2009

Iceland

I began knitting my Iceland top when dark news of Iceland's economical crisis hit the news - and maybe it was not quite the right kind of inspiration, as my Iceland top has definitely had a bad karma.
I don't remember when I would have succeded to misread pattern instructions as badly as I did with my Iceland. At first there was a problem with yarn, then I happily misread the length of neckline - and continued knitting quite a while before realizing it. Then frogged. Knitted more repeats to neckline. Knitted the whole main body piece and only when it was a time to pick up stitches to knit hem rib I realised that also sleeves were almost 10cm shorter than in the instructions. Decided that there was no way I was going to rip it back again - so my top has shorter sleeves. Which actually turned out pretty well as this is a rather weird layering piece.Pattern: Iceland by Stephanie White from Rowan magazine 42 (ravelry link)
Yarn: Polaris in "black" by Novita <600g style="color: rgb(204, 51, 204);">Needles: 10mm

Islanti valmistui ennen joulua. Jos jollain neuleella voi olla huono karma, niin tällä. Luin ohjetta väärin lukuisia kertoja ja lopultakin tässä Islannissa on sitten lähes 10cm lyhyemmät hihat kuin mitä ohjeessa - mutta eipä anneta sen haitata. Tekele on muutenkin niin oudon mallinen, että tuo hihojen lyhyempi mitta oikeastaan tekee tästä esikuvaansa paremman (mielestäni) . Nappien kohdalla hylkäsin mustat koska vain näyttivät niin tylsiltä ja kaivoin äidin nappikätköistä mielenkiintoisen näköisiä nappeja. Erilaisia tietysti.
Lopputulokseen olen kaikesta huolimatta koko lailla tyytyväinen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I to am knitting up Iceland. I'm so happy I found you. I'm having some trouble with the first few rows, extra sts.
Perhaps we could email briefly about your experience?

Thanks so much, Kathy