Wednesday 12 November 2008

Secret Pal 13 Q&A

This is the first time I participate to any swap so should be interesting. Here are my answers to Secret Pal 13 questionnaire:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love alpaca and all natural fibres, especially hemp, linen, silk, merino and those still quite new fibres such as soy & sea silk, corn etc. I do not like acryl. Hate it. Any yarn I knit with should have at least 50% of natural fibres in it (although I do consider viscose as a natural fibre... even though it is not).

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I'm still very unorganised in that department. (after all - I've "only" been knitting for over 25 years so why hurry?;-) I have a big basket where I put everything. So it is a big mess. And takes a long time to find anything...

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting forever. I cannot remeber how I learned. Maybe from my mom(?) but I wasn't even at school yet. I would call myself Fearless Advanced - meaning that I know quite a lot, and then I know that there are lots of tricks that I do not know - but I'm willing to fearlessly attack on any challenge and learn more as I go...

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope

5. What's your favorite scent?
I like orange & my perfume is pure Amber scent from l'Occitane. (I don't like lavender, vanilla or white flowers)

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes. Nothing beats good dark chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't know how to spin. Would like to learn though. I sew clothes and home furnishings. I know how to crochet but very seldomly do it.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes my laptop can handle MP3s. I used to be a huge industrial fan (Skinny Puppy, Young Gods, Fear Factory etc..) but I have mellowed down somewhat and broaden my taste in music - I listen to Tori Amos, Depeche Mode, NIN, Faithless, Danko Jones, Infected Mushroom...

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Warm autumnal shades are all very "me" (warm greens, rust, orange, gold, brown, petrol blue) I do not like cold colours. no pinks, greys or blues for me!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married to a wonderful man and we have 3 small daughters. No pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to first three (it gets cold here during winter months) but not ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
It depends on my mood. Socks, hats, lace, sweaters, knits for children &babies, accessories. Like to knit them all.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Currently on needles: Pi shawl, "couple" of accessories for xmas presents, Iceland top, Baby cables ...-sweater, Perugino throw

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I always use either circulars or dpns. (wooden/bamboo & addi circulars and bamboo/wooden dpns)

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Over two years. A damned pair of socks that I might never finish.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
I like Joulu (xmas ) - without the religious content. It's all about leaving the darkness behind as days are getting longer again and having good time with family, eating well - and giving & receiving gifts.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really - if you don't count knitting related books & yarn;-)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'd love to have Norah Gaughan booklets and those fab Japanese lace pattern books. Oh - and Elizabeth Zimmermanns "opinionated knitter".
I subscribe to IK & buy every issue of VK

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
All of them as soon as I hear about them!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I am. my foot is quite narrow (European) size 38-39. (23,5cm)

23. When is your birthday?
April 2nd.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes. I'm A-L on Ravelry.

No comments: