Wednesday 15 October 2008

Frost

Last night temperature sank below 0 degrees and it was so beautiful when I went to my usual morning stroll... I had to take some photos.

So that this post wouldn't be completely without knitting content-
I began a new project. Or I should say I got this idea to knit something for my youngest daughter (10months) to be worn on top of the dress in a wedding party (not mine - I've been married for 6 years) that is in less than 2 weeks time. I have some Novita Florica and RYC Cashsoft 4ply in my stash and I was thinking something in lines of a short cardi, with some cabling & maybe basketweave, knitted top-down... I have no idea if it is going to work but I did swatch yesterday and that looked encouraging enough for me to begin knitting it. Only time will tell...
As for my dress for that wedding... I'm still working on it. All fabric has been cut out and I've managed to do a part of sewing but it still needs a lot of work before it is a dress...

No comments: